I am trying to implement a drawer in my application but it's currently way to large. I'll clarify what I mean and I am aware of other questions but they don't seem to have gotten a proper answer and my usecase seems to differ a bit.
This is the code that has helped me achieve this
@Composable
fun MainContent(component: Main) {
val drawerState = rememberDrawerState(DrawerValue.Closed)
val scope = rememberCoroutineScope()
val openDrawer = {
scope.launch {
drawerState.open()
}
}
Children(routerState = component.routerState, animation = crossfadeScale()) {
when (val child = it.instance) {
is Main.Child.Dashboard -> {
HomeView() { ModalDrawer(drawerState) { DashboardContent(child.component) { openDrawer() } } }
}
}
}
}
@Composable // This is a wrapper around current screen
fun HomeView( content: @Composable () -> Unit) {
Scaffold(modifier = Modifier.fillMaxSize()) {
content()
}
}
@Composable // Here is the actual drawer
fun ModalDrawer(drawerState: DrawerState, content: @Composable () -> Unit) {
ModalDrawer(
drawerState = drawerState,
drawerContent = {
Text("1234")
Text("12345")
},
content = {
content()
},
gesturesEnabled = drawerState.isOpen
)
}
the children part you can ignore, it just basically checks what screen is currently active (right now its only dashboard, but as I add screens to the mixture it will also feature other ones, and to work properly with the Drawer I had to go about this way.)
This is a multiplatform app, all of the compose code is in the CommonMain Module.
