I am new to Google Cloud's Text-to-speech. The docs show the <prosody> tag with rate and pitch attributes. But these do not make a difference in my requests. For example, if I use rate="slow" or rate="fast", or pitch="+2st" or pitch="-2st", the result is the same and different from the example on the docs, which has a slower rate and lower tone.
I ensured the latest version with:
python3 -m pip install --upgrade google-cloud-texttospeech
Minimal reproducible example:
import os
from google.cloud import texttospeech
AUDIO_CONFIG = texttospeech.AudioConfig(
audio_encoding=texttospeech.AudioEncoding.LINEAR16)
os.environ["GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS"] = "/path/to/file"
tts_client = texttospeech.TextToSpeechClient()
voice = texttospeech.VoiceSelectionParams(
language_code="en-US",
name= "en-US-Wavenet-A"
)
ssml_input = texttospeech.SynthesisInput(
ssml='<prosody rate="fast" pitch="+2st">Can you hear me now?</prosody>'
# or this one:
#ssml='<prosody rate="slow" pitch="-2st">Can you hear me now?</prosody>'
)
response = tts_client.synthesize_speech(
input=ssml_input, voice=voice, audio_config=AUDIO_CONFIG
)
with open("/tmp/cloud.wav", 'wb') as out:
# Write the response to the output file.
out.write(response.audio_content)
How can I use Google Cloud's rate and pitch prosody attributes?