I'm trying to mitigate the DockerHub pull limit by logging in to a DockerHub account in my gitlab-runner. I'm not using methods like Gitlab's Dependency proxy because I would have to edit hundreds of files. I decided to log in to Docker in gitlab-runner.
.gitlab-ci.yml:
image: docker
services:
- docker:dind
stages:
- base
docker-build:
stage: base
tags:
- experimental
script:
- docker build -t grex:alpine_${CI_PIPELINE_ID} ./alpine
- docker info
The alpine folder contains a Dockerfile containing just FROM alpine.
The config.toml of the gitlab-runner has the line pre_build_script = "docker login -u grex -p <password>"
The docker info line states that my user is logged in.
I followed all of the options from the docs but to no avail. After each pipeline run, I checked the current rate limit for my user and it remained unchanged, leaving me to infer the pipeline made an unauthenticated docker pull. Any help is appreciated!