I have a list of data frames. Each data frame has 6 rows and 6 columns. They are all numbers, however, all data frames have their elements as class character. Example:
$`A`
V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 V6
V1 0.1212 0.6231 0.4431 0.3213 0.6578 0.1259
V2 2.1234 0.6532 0.9845 0.8743 0.8732
V3 0.2314 0.7648 0.7634 0.8732
V4 0.1234 0.6544 0.3456
V5 0.7653 0.9812
V6 0.1265
$`B`
V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 V6
V1 0.2345 0.1234 0.5647 0.7891 0.6721 0.3259
V2 1.1334 0.4332 0.1245 0.2343 0.5332
V3 0.2914 0.1648 0.2334 0.1232
V4 0.1234 0.6744 0.5656
V5 0.3553 0.9812
V6 0.4665
I would like to change all data frames of the list to class matrix (numerical). I tried:
lapply (list, data.matrix)
but the result is a list of data frames with integers. Example:
V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 V6
V1 2 2 2 2 2 4
V2 1 3 4 5 5 7
V3 1 1 3 4 6 3
V4 1 1 1 3 4 5
V5 1 1 1 1 1 1
V6 1 1 1 1 1 1
Also tried to run
lapply(list, as.matrix)
however, I got a list of quoted matrices, like this:
$`A`
V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 V6
V1 "0.1212" "0.6231" "0.4431" "0.3213" "0.6578" "0.1259"
V2 "2.1234" "0.6532" "0.9845" "0.8743" "0.8732"
V3 "0.2314" "0.7648" "0.7634" "0.8732"
V4 "0.1234" "0.6544" "0.3456"
V5 "0.7653" "0.9812"
V6 "0.1265"
How can I convert these data frames of my list from character class to matrix class?