How to use maven artifact in the development of Eclipse plugin via Tycho

Viewed 72

Since version 2.2.0 Tycho has introduced a new feature to allow using maven artifacts in PDE target platforms, and here's the how-to. Following its instructions I have included an artifact of Saxon-HE into my target platform. I can see the wrapped OSGi bundle of Saxon after ticking the Show Location Content option in the Target Definition Editor. Also I ran mvn clean verify command to make sure that the artifact is downloaded into my computer. However, as I began to try to import the package into my Eclipse plugin code, I found no suggestions from this package. When I tried to include the package as a feature in the Product Editor, I couldn't find any option. In addition, when attempting to include it as required plugin / imported packages in the Plugin Editor, there was no option, too. What's more, the product produced by mvn clean verify did not contain such plugin as Saxon-HE after checking my whole RCP project.

All the efforts in vain above made me wonder how I can use a maven artifact in my plugin development. I desperately need the functionalities Saxon-HE provides with to enhance my plugin. Anyone experienced sharing your expertise?

-- 2021.08.13 update -- Manually I included this plugin in the plugin list of my RCP project via source file editing. Its jar file appeared in the plugin folder of the product. But anyway I was not able to validate the availability of the library in the dependency tab of the plugin manifest editor as shown in Vogella's tutorial. Restarting the IDE did not help, either. This might mean that I have to manually code the source code without the content assistance.

0 Answers
Related