I am trying for nginx proxy manager (running in a docker container) to connect to another docker container that has port 8080 open on it. When I setup the proxy to connect to 192.168.0.29:8080 the ip address of the host, but it doesn't work, the browser just says that the site didn't send any data.
I tried setting up the reverse proxy with other services (that weren't running inside a docker container), and they worked flawlessly. So, I've concluded, the problem is something with the docker containers.
First, I tried replacing the ip address with the address of the container (shown in portainer) which showed to be 172.17.0.2. But, that didn't work. I can confirm that both containers are in the same network, bridge.
I could not find any solutions for this problem either here, at Stack Overflow, or anywhere else. Hope there's enough data to solve this problem. Thanks ahead of time!
Edit:
running arp -na from within the container gives this output:
[root@docker-00244f7ab2cc:/app]# arp -na
? (172.17.0.1) at 02:42:d1:fc:fc:6b [ether] on eth0