I am using ResizeObserver to call a function when the screen is resized, but I need to get the updated value of a state within the observer in order to determine some conditions before the function gets invoked.
It's something like this:
let [test, setTest] = React.useState(true)
const callFunction = () => {
console.log('function invoked')
setTest(false) // => set 'test' to 'false', so 'callFunction' can't be invoked again by the observer
}
const observer = React.useRef(
new ResizeObserver(entries => {
console.log(test) // => It always has the initial value (true), so the function is always invoked
if (test === true) {
callFunction()
}
})
)
React.useEffect(() => {
const body = document.getElementsByTagName('BODY')[0]
observer.current.observe(body)
return () => observer.unobserve(body)
}, [])
Don't worry about the details or why I'm doing this, since my application is way more complex than this example.
I only need to know if is there a way to get the updated value within the observer. I've already spent a considerable time trying to figure this out, but I couldn't yet.
Any thoughts?