Visual Studio Code : Select a language to get started. Start typing to dismiss, or don't show this again

Viewed 1781

I appreciate if you could help me with such silly question. I used to have a line prompting me to choose a programming language whenever a new file is created in 'visual studio code'. By mistake, I clicked on don't show and, now, I need to return it back!. Do you have any idea how to display it again. The line is saying "Select a language to get started. Start typing to dismiss, or don't show this again." It is the first line appears in the created new file.

I tried to search the settings, but I got lost.

Thanks in advance,

1 Answers

You can enable it via File | Preferences | Settings. Then search for "untitled".

You should find it under Workbench>Editor>Untitled:hint. Change from "hidden" to "text".

Related