Best NLP approach to classify the role of chemicals in patents in python

Viewed 47

I'm new to nlp and I'm working on an ambitious project which consists in analyzing the "role" of a set of chemicals in patents.

Task: Classify a set of chemical compounds as "inputs", "outputs" or "none" of patents

Data: Patent data with full natural language description

Tools: python

Idea of approach: Compute a set of features of chemicals and then classify chemicals as inputs or outputs with a Decision Tree Classifier

Problem: Computing the features to predict the role of the chemicals. I thought of using spaCy and create two new named entities but the same chemical can have different functions in different patents (maybe a problem?). I also thought of retrieving the sentences of the patents that contain chemicals and create a naive "profile" of the chemical measuring its position in the sentence, text and relation to recurrent words in the special sentences.

0 Answers
Related