I am trying to compile nginx on Ubuntu machine with GCC. My Glibc version is 2.31.
m@feynman:~/Junk/nginx-1.9.9
$ /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 --version
GNU C Library (Ubuntu GLIBC 2.31-0ubuntu9.2) stable release version 2.31.
I have downloaded a bunch of different versions from https://nginx.org/download/ and tried with them and fails every time.
./configure --with-threads --with-http_ssl_module --with-cc-opt="-Wno-error"
make
./configure generates following file in objs/Makefile:
CC = cc
CFLAGS = -pipe -O -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-unused -Werror -g -Wno-error
CPP = cc -E
LINK = $(CC)
...
This gives me this error below.
cc -c -pipe -O -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-unused -Werror -g -Wno-error -I src/core -I src/event -I src/event/modules -I src/os/unix -I objs \
-o objs/src/os/unix/ngx_posix_init.o \
src/os/unix/ngx_posix_init.c
cc -c -pipe -O -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-unused -Werror -g -Wno-error -I src/core -I src/event -I src/event/modules -I src/os/unix -I objs \
-o objs/src/os/unix/ngx_user.o \
src/os/unix/ngx_user.c
src/os/unix/ngx_user.c: In function ‘ngx_libc_crypt’:
src/os/unix/ngx_user.c:36:7: error: ‘struct crypt_data’ has no member named ‘current_salt’
36 | cd.current_salt[0] = ~salt[0];
| ^
make[1]: *** [objs/Makefile:749: objs/src/os/unix/ngx_user.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/m/Junk/nginx-1.9.9'
make: *** [Makefile:8: build] Error 2
I tried installing SSL lib and others like that and thought it would help and nothing worked.
sudo apt install libpcre3-dev libssl-dev