date-fns: how to to get the current date + time in format YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss:dddddd

Viewed 4705

My company is using date-fns and I'm trying to set a variable equal to the current date + time. We must use date-fns, and the format is specified to be 'YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.dddddd'.

How can I do this? I tried simply format(new Date(), 'YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss:dddddd'), but that was not working as expected.

(Also what is the 'T' for? Just to specify that a time measurement will follow? And what are the d's?)

Thanks!!

1 Answers

Your pattern is not correct e.g. you need

  1. y instead of Y
  2. d instead of D
  3. H instead of h

etc. Check this page to learn more about these letters.

Demo:

const fns = require('date-fns')

console.log(fns.format(new Date(), "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSS"))

Output from a sample run:

2021-08-03T19:43:08.891

ONLINE DEMO

(Note: Click Console on the bottom right of the ONLINE DEMO page.)

(Also what is the 'T' for? Just to specify that a time measurement will follow?

Correct. It is a separator for date and time as per ISO-8601 standards.

Related