My team and I are working on multiple projects at a time, but they all use the same code base, and it needs adaptations for each projects.
So for example, we have the base code, that contains components A and B. For each new project, we have to modify B, but A remains the same.
At the moment, we have one GIT repo for each project, but sometimes we discover an issue in A that we have to fix in all of our projects. So we are considering the possibility to keep all of our projects in the same repo and use branches to manage them in order to simplify the corrections for the common components.
I've been looking for workflows that cover this kind of code management (gitflow, github flow, gitlab flow...) , but I didn't find anything that matches our needs.
Is managing different variants of a codebase in the same repo a bad idea? If not, is there a workflow out there i may not have found that would suit this kind of application? Or do we just use a standard workflow and treat all project branches as single repos?
Thanks in advance for your help!