I want to use some of the entities in spaCy 3's en_core_web_lg, but replace some of what it labeled as 'ORG' as 'ANALYTIC', as it treats the 3 char codes I want to use such as 'P&L' and 'VaR' as organizations. The model has DATE entities, which I'm fine to preserve. I've read all the docs, and it seems like I should be able to use the EntityRuler, with the syntax below, but I'm not getting anywhere. I have been through the training 2-3x now, read all the Usage and API docs, and I just don't see any examples of working code. I get all sorts of different error messages like I need a decorator, or other. Lord, is it really that hard?
my code:
analytics = [
[{'LOWER':'risk'}],
[{'LOWER':'pnl'}],
[{'LOWER':'p&l'}],
[{'LOWER':'return'}],
[{'LOWER':'returns'}]
]
matcher = Matcher(nlp.vocab)
matcher.add("ANALYTICS", analytics)
doc = nlp(text)
# Iterate over the matches
for match_id, start, end in matcher(doc):
# Create a Span with the label for "ANALYTIC"
span = Span(doc, start, end, label="ANALYTIC")
# Overwrite the doc.ents and add the span
doc.ents = list(doc.ents) + [span]
# Get the span's root head token
span_root_head = span.root.head
# Print the text of the span root's head token and the span text
print(span_root_head.text, "-->", span.text)
This of course crashes when my new 'ANALYTIC' entity span collides with the existing 'ORG' one. But I have no idea how to either merge these offline and put them back, or create my own custom pipeline using rules. This is the suggested text from the entity ruler. No clue.
# Construction via add_pipe
ruler = nlp.add_pipe("entity_ruler")
# Construction from class
from spacy.pipeline import EntityRuler
ruler = EntityRuler(nlp, overwrite_ents=True)