NB I got warning that there are many similar questions available. However, those are mostly regarding other concepts such as difference between user managers and user stores (and also, difference between a bunch of unrelated things, so I'm guessing Stacky weights in difference equally). However, googling difference AspNetUserManager UserManager produces a lot of guides on how to set up security without discussing the actual difference.
So, I went to the good old MSDN and looked up those two classes. Apparently, AspNetUsermanager is described like this.
Provides the APIs for managing user in a persistence store.
And that, while UserManager is described like this.
Provides the APIs for managing user in a persistence store.
One would expect certain overlap in functionality between those two, given that both are meant for managing users. However, I feel that it might behoove the reader to be presented with a bit more variation in the, certainly so, true formulation.
My question is - how do they relate (i.e. under what circumstances is the former preferred over the latter)?