I am new to node and stuck with this issue. Here' the file: I am running 'startProcess' function and I want to run 'downloadFiles' and wait until it's completed and save the files before executing any code after it.
This code always ends up running 'runVideoUploadEngine' even before the download has been completed?
const downloadAndSaveFiles = async ({ url, dir }) => {
try {
https.get(url, (res) => {
// File will be stored at this path
console.log('dir: ', dir);
var filePath = fs.createWriteStream(dir);
res.pipe(filePath);
filePath.on('finish', () => {
filePath.close();
console.log('Download Completed');
});
});
return true;
} catch (e) {
console.log(e);
throw e;
}
};
const downloadFiles = async ({ data }) => {
try {
mediaUrl = data.mediaUrl;
thumbnailUrl = data.thumbnailUrl;
const mediaExt = path.extname(mediaUrl);
const thumbExt = path.extname(thumbnailUrl);
mediaDir = `${__dirname}/temp/${'media'}${mediaExt}`;
thumbDir = `${__dirname}/temp/${'thumb'}${thumbExt}`;
await downloadAndSaveFiles({ url: mediaUrl, dir: mediaDir });
await downloadAndSaveFiles({ url: thumbnailUrl, dir: thumbDir });
return { mediaDir, thumbDir };
} catch (e) {
console.log(e);
throw e;
}
};
module.exports = {
startProcess: async ({ message }) => {
//check if message is proper
data = JSON.parse(message.Body);
//download video and thumbnail and store in temp.
console.log('starting download..');
const { mediaDir, thumbDir } = await downloadFiles({ data });
console.log('dir:- ', mediaDir, thumbDir);
pageAccessToken =
'myRandomToken';
_pageId = 'myRandomPageID';
console.log('running engine');
await runVideoUploadEngine({ pageAccessToken, _pageId, mediaDir, thumbDir });
//start videoUploadEngine
//on success: delete video/thumbnail
},
};
What am I doing wrong?