I'm building some IoT devices which are controlled by ESP32. I want to have real time control via Android application. Because WiFi is too power hungry (my devices are battery powered) I've decided to connect using BLE which should be more suitable option.
I have Xamarin Android app which acts as a GATT server because it allows for multiple devices connected and aggregated in my app. ESP32 device connects to the server when I advertise and properly receives notifications for example when I click the button. The problem is that I have no idea how to manage the situation when user exits the app. How to restore the connections? It is no problem to save some deviceId in local db on the android device but can anyone tell me what steps should I take to achieve following results:
User connects app to the device, exits the app or leave the ble range and when he opens it again connection is restored and user can send some data to the device.
On ESP32 there seems to be no reconnect option and on android theoretically there is but when device is not a server but client (autoconnect = true) Maybe I did it the wrong way (devices should be servers but is then possible to be connected to multiple devices and achieve results of real time control?)
I will appreciate any advices :)