I am using contact form 7 and my code looks like this:
<div class="row">
<div class="col-sm-9 col-lg-10 contact-form_kyc">
<div class="form-row">
<div class="col-sm-6 input-placeholder">
[select hear class:kyc-form class:custom-select class:mb-3 first_as_label "" "Facebook" "Google" "Instagram" "LinkedIn" "Flyer" "Referral" "Radio" "Billboard" "Newspaper"]
<div class="placeholder">
How Did You Hear About Us <span>*</span>
</div>
<div class="placeholder-dropdown">
<i class="fa fa-angle-down" aria-hidden="true"></i>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
and this one is css:
.input-placeholder .placeholder span {
color: red;
}
.input-placeholder select:focus{
border-color: #ffffff;
}
.kyc-page-content .input-placeholder select:focus{
border-color: #000000;
}
.input-placeholder select:after{
font-family: "FontAwesome";
content: "\f107";
vertical-align: inherit;
}
.input-placeholder .placeholder-dropdown{
color: #ccc;
position: absolute;
top: 0;
right: 6px;
}
Here, you can see I have used placeholder div to fake it as a placeholder because I couldn't make that * appears red on default placeholder.
Now, with above code, the design looks perfectly fine and as expected.
As you can see in image: there is a placeholder with red asterisk and a angle down icon on right.
Now, when I open the dropdown, it appears as:
The first label is empty. I want to get rid of it.
So, to get rid of it I removed first_label_as "" but with this it looks like:
So, what I need:
I want the design like shown in first image but don't want to show first empty options on dropdown.


