I am trying to test my app with firestore and I don't know how will I fake the datasource with a Flow to test my repository. I'm trying to follow the pattern from google codelabs but I only convert toObject in the composable. How can I write the repository test?
below is my FirestoreDatasource and my Repository and the FakeDatasource I am trying to write
@Singleton
class FirestoreDatasourceImpl @Inject constructor(
private val firestore: FirebaseFirestore
) : FirestoreDatasource {
override suspend fun addUser(user: UserModel) {
firestore.collection(USERS)
.document(user.id)
.set(user, SetOptions.merge())
}
@ExperimentalCoroutinesApi
override fun getAllUsers(userId: String) = callbackFlow {
val collection = firestore.collection(USERS).whereNotEqualTo("id", userId)
val snapshotListener = collection.addSnapshotListener() { snapshot, e ->
this.trySend(snapshot).isSuccess
}
awaitClose {
snapshotListener.remove()
}
}
}
@Singleton
class FirestoreRepositoryImpl @Inject constructor(
private val firestoreClass: FirestoreDatasourceImpl
) : FirestoreRepository{
override suspend fun addUser(user: UserModel){
firestoreClass.addUser(user)
}
@ExperimentalCoroutinesApi
override fun getAllUsers(userId: String) : Flow<QuerySnapshot?> {
return firestoreClass.getAllUsers(userId)
}
}
internal class FakeFirestoreDatasourceImplTest constructor(
private var userList: MutableList<UserModel>? = mutableListOf()
) : FirestoreDatasource{
override suspend fun addUser(user: UserModel) {
userList?.add(user)
}
override fun getAllUsers(userId: String): Flow<QuerySnapshot?> {
}
}