Sorry hard to create a descriptive subject but here is the explanation of what I am trying to do:
This is the shape of data I have:
So for each group of EffectiveDates, if there are multiple rows with the same SecGlobalId and their SecType is only "CASH" , I want to combine the sum of their Cost and have ONE row only for those so for example for 24th I want to have one row for USD that the value of its Cost column is 23.45 + 10.00 = 33.45 and then another one for 25th that will be 140.23 + 45.41
Here is the script of an example I created and I tried to do grouping but that is not right. So I am not sure how else to solve it.
CREATE TABLE #Practice
(
SecGlobalID INT,
Name NVARCHAR(50),
EffectiveDate DATE,
Cost DECIMAL(20,2),
SecType NVARCHAR(5)
);
INSERT INTO #Practice (SecGlobalID, Name, Cost, EffectiveDate, SecType)
VALUES
(1234, 'USD', 23.45, '2021-07-24', 'CASH')
,(1234, 'USD', 10.00, '2021-07-24', 'CASH')
,(789, 'Tesla', 564.72, '2021-07-24', 'STOCK')
,(5223, 'Starbucks', 4534.12, '2021-07-24', 'STOCK')
,(9987, 'GER', 50.00, '2021-07-24', 'CASH')
,(1234, 'USD', 140.23, '2021-07-25', 'CASH')
,(1234, 'USD', 45.41, '2021-07-25', 'CASH')
,(9987, 'GER', 5.4, '2021-07-25', 'CASH')
,(43342, 'Security1', 3670.14, '2021-07-26', 'STOCK')
,(7777, 'Security2', 66.35, '2021-07-26', 'CASH')
SELECT SecGlobalID, Name, EffectiveDate, SUM(Cost), SecType
FROM #Practice
GROUP BY SecGlobalID, Name, EffectiveDate, SecType
DROP TABLE #Practice
So here is the screenshot of the expected result:

