R/exams Problem deploying app to shinyapps.io

Viewed 143

I have developed a shiny app in which I use the function exams2blackboard from the R/exams package. I installed the package from http://R-Forge.R-project.org. When I go to publish it on shinyApps.io I receive the following error:

Error: Unhandled Exception: Child Task 980776811 failed: Error building image: Error fetching exams (2.4-0) source. unable to satisfy package: exams (2.4-0)

Note: I used the R/exams version 2.4-0 from http://R-Forge.R-project.org following the recommendation at Blackboard not importing Blackboard.zip

1 Answers

Chapter 2.4 of the shinyapps.io user guide at https://docs.rstudio.com/shinyapps.io/getting-started.html#using-your-r-packages-in-the-cloud says:

Currently, the shinyapps.io service supports deploying packages installed from CRAN, GitHub (both public and private repos), and BioConductor.
[...]
Support for R-Forge and other repos is on our backlog; please drop us a line in the shinyapps.io Community if the lack of support is a blocker for you.

Hence my interpretation is that you cannot install the R-Forge version easily. Possibly, you can install it from the R-Forge mirror on GitHub, though: https://github.com/r-forge/exams/tree/master/pkg/exams

Related