I want to use unicode symbols for text in buttons, but kivy does'not want to show it.
Like this:
self.add_widget(KeyboardButtonOthers(text = u'\u232B', size_hint = (1/7, 0.2)))
#Here I use Sans font
Or this:
<MainButton@Button>:
text: '⌂ Exit'
#Here I use default Roboto kivy font
In both cases nothing works. Instead normal symbols I getting this: Sans font
And this: Roboto font
I work under Windows, but I plan to install the project on Linux. Maybe they will work on Linux and this is a Windows problem? Thanks for help.
#########################
I found a good solution for my case without using unicode symbols. If you need something like this you can try this:
Builder.load_string("""
<KeyboardButtonBackspace@Button>:
background_color: (0, 0, 0, 0)
canvas.before:
Color:
rgba: (166/255, 166/255, 166/255, 1) if self.state == 'normal' else (80/255, 80/255, 80/255, 1)
RoundedRectangle:
pos: self.pos
size: self.size
radius: [5]
Image:
source: 'images/clear2.png'
size: self.parent.size
y: self.parent.y
x: self.parent.x
allow_stretch: True
""")
Clear2 is vector icon from here https://icons8.com/icons/set/clear