I'm up to date on the latest Expo version but for some reason, I can not get a simple custom font going. Here is a fresh project I set up attempting to get a custom font installed.
import React, { useState } from 'react';
import { Text, View } from 'react-native';
import AppLoading from 'expo-app-loading';
import * as Font from 'expo-font';
const fetchFonts = () =>
Font.loadAsync({
'Inter-Black': require('./assets/fonts/Inter-Black.otf'),
});
export default (props) => {
const [dataLoaded, setDataLoaded] = useState(false);
if (!dataLoaded) {
return (
<AppLoading
startAsync={fetchFonts}
onFinish={() => setDataLoaded(true)}
onError={(err) => console.log(err)}
/>
);
}
return (
<View style={{ flex: 1, justifyContent: 'center', alignItems: 'center' }}>
<Text style={{ fontFamily: 'Inter-Black', fontSize: 40 }}>
Inter Black
</Text>
<Text style={{ fontSize: 40 }}>Platform Default</Text>
</View>
);
};
This is what I get in the console:
fontFamily "Inter-Black" is not a system font and has not been loaded through Font.loadAsync.
- If you intended to use a system font, make sure you typed the name correctly and that it is supported by your device operating system.
- If this is a custom font, be sure to load it with Font.loadAsync.
at node_modules/expo-font/build/Font.js:27:16 in processFontFamily
at [native code]:null in performSyncWorkOnRoot
at [native code]:null in dispatchAction
at App.js:19:37 in AppLoading.props.onFinish
at node_modules/expo-app-loading/build/AppLoading.js:41:12 in startLoadingAppResourcesAsync
at [native code]:null in flushedQueue
at [native code]:null in invokeCallbackAndReturnFlushedQueue