I'd like to include NumPy+MKL as a dependency in my project. It seems that the main options for publishing tools are setuptools, Poetry, and Anaconda.
I'd like to use Poetry. I'm already familiar with it; it's a very nice packaging solution. It was made to eliminate the complexities experienced with setuptools. I haven't explored Anaconda much, and if Poetry doesn't work for my package I'll probably try it.
I know that Poetry looks for wheel files on PyPI and doesn't currently have plans to support other "channels" like Anaconda does. So there's no way in pyproject.toml to specify something like:
[tool.poetry.dependencies]
numpy = "1.21.1+mkl"
But there is one feature of Poetry that looks promising: url dependencies. It seems if there were a URL for the NumPy+MKL package I wanted to include, I could specify:
[tool.poetry.dependencies]
numpy = { url = "https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/numpy‑1.21.1+mkl‑cp39‑cp39‑win_amd64.whl" }
And that's exactly what I'd like to do, except there doesn't seem to be an existing URL that works for this purpose. (When I try the above address, I get a "Secure Connection Failed" error in Firefox.)
Am I thinking about this problem correctly? Does anyone know of a URL I can specify in pyproject.toml?