Running nvidia-smi from Windows PowerShell?

Viewed 2431

I'm trying to check my GPUs from Windows PowerShell with nvidia-smi but I can't get it to work.

I already checked this post but I don't see a folder that starts with nvdm in my C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository directory.

I have two version of CUDA installed v8.0 and v11.2 but my System Variables (CUDA_HOME, CUDA_PATH, CUDA_PATH_v11_2) all point towards the v11.2 folder.

Is there a reason I would have CUDA but not nvidia-smi on my PC?

1 Answers
  1. Make sure that nvidia-smi.exe is in the folder C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI. If it is not, you may wish to reinstall a NVIDIA GPU driver for your GPU, choosing a driver from a CUDA toolkit installer.

  2. add the path to your windows Path variable:

  • open windows file explorer
  • right click on your PC icon
  • select properties
  • select advanced system settings
  • click the environment variables button
  • Add the following path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI to the Path variable listed in the system variables section (select the variable, click "edit")
  • save
  1. Open a new power shell
  2. type nvidia-smi
Related