When a radio button within an HTML form is selected, I am hoping that it will run the onclick function that I have linked to it. I tried using onclick instead of onchange earlier but it's not working with the radio buttons. Does anyone have any advice/tips I can use to resolve this issue?
function select(id, job, salary, someBool) {
console.log(id, job, salary, someBool);
}
<form class="choice">
<input type="radio" id="librarian" name="profession" value="lib" onclick="select('#professionSelect', 'Librarian', 4850, true);">
<label for="librarian">Librarian: $4,850/month</label><br>
<input type="radio" id="mechanic" name="profession" value="mech" onclick="select('#professionSelect', 'Motorcycle Mechanic', 2800, true)">
<label for="mechanic">Motorcycle Mechanic: $2,800/month</label><br>
<input type="radio" id="actor" name="profession" value="act" onclick="select('#professionSelect', 'Actor', 3100, true)">
<label for="actor">Actor: $3,100/month</label><br>
<input type="radio" id="teacher" name="profession" value="tea" onclick="select('#professionSelect', 'Teacher', 4500, true)">
<label for="teacher">Teacher: $4,500/month</label><br>
<input type="radio" id="doctor" name="profession" value="doc" onclick="select('#professionSelect', 'Doctor', 13000, true)">
<label for="doctor">Doctor: $13,000/month</label><br>
<input type="radio" id="fire" name="profession" value="fi" onclick="select('#professionSelect', 'Firefighter', 3700, true)">
<label for="fire">Firefighter: $3,700/month</label><br>
<input type="radio" id="engineer" name="profession" value="engi" onclick="select('#professionSelect', 'Computer Engineer', 9400, true)">
<label for="engineer">Computer Engineer: $9,400/month</label><br>
</form>
Would something like this work?
$(".choice").change(function() {
$(this).onclick();
});