Issue with errors in Unity on launch

Viewed 2843

I am having an issue in Unity where every time I launch the editor it asks me to enter in safe mode because there are a lot of errors and when I press ignore it launches and I can see in the console a lot of errors with the UI and I found out that I cant create UI elements directly in the hierarchy. I tried to update from 2020.3.13f1 to 2020.3.14f1 and for the first launch everything was fine, with no errors, and I could create UI elements but then when I restarted to make sure everything was actually fine, all the errors popped up again and I cant create UI. Why does this happen and does anyone have a fix because I can't find it anywhere online.

4 Answers

Try not to enter Safe Mode. Enter the editable project. There go to Assets-Reimport All.

It did it to me too, it's probably a Unity bug, this method fixes it. Practically it reimports the whole project by itself, avoiding that the bug gives you problems (such as those like UnityEngine.UI does not exist or Monobehavior does not exist, etc.)

Obviously you will not lose any assets and everything will be fine as before receiving the errors.

Have this issue with any template 2020+ versions Always shows 2 empty errors on console at first run ,even on an empty project

Will try to install 2019 and hopefully work again

in my case some side app ran caused some error in the installation of Unity. Nothing amid aboves helped.

Thus I decided to fully reinstall it from scratch to default one. Now it worksok. But before that . To wipe out the Unity thorowly you need in:

  1. uninstalling Unity and UnityHub in windows' settings
  2. remove all related/remained folders in "C:\Program Files"
  3. remove related/remained folders in "C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local "
  4. in Register Editor go to clean unity like folders in "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE"
  5. optionally, remove sample projects in "C:\Users\myname"

You're very likely simply opening the wrong folder, it's a common mistake


Or, you have possibly moved around the folders that you cannot move


Also - it's a nuisance but it's best to install the "hub"

Related