We have a warehouse with two printing hubs at different locations, nearby workstations. The users can be at either location, depending on what they are doing. Currently, I print at a given printing hub based on the action the user. However, I want to start printing to the closest printing hub.
So in order to send to the correct printing queue, I need to know which computer sent the request to print. Unfortunately, I can not tie the printer hub to the user. The computers will not be moved so we can map them to a printing hub.
That being said, what are my options to identify a computer reliably (on frontend) when I have control to setup anything on those computers? The only option I came up with is to set a local storage variable with a very long expiry - however, I think that is prone to user clearing the local storage and therefore not reliable.
