I am currently running a Node v10.19.0 / Nextjs8 project locally. I want to further upgrade the Next version to 11. I start by upgrading the version of node itself to 12.14.0 (maybe 12.20.1 is better?) And I get 2 errors:
> Location: "/home/roma/project/.babelrc"
[ error ] ./styles/main.scss
Error: Missing binding /home/roma/project/node_modules/node-sass/vendor/linux-x64-72/binding.node
Node Sass could not find a binding for your current environment: Linux 64-bit with Node.js 12.x
Found bindings for the following environments:
- Linux 64-bit with Node.js 10.x
This usually happens because your environment has changed since running `npm install`.
Run `npm rebuild node-sass` to download the binding for your current environment.
Error: Cannot find module '/home/roma/project/.next/build-manifest.json'
Require stack:
- /home/roma/project/node_modules/next-server/dist/server/load-components.js
- /home/roma/project/node_modules/next-server/dist/server/next-server.js
- /home/roma/project/node_modules/next/dist/server/next-dev-server.js
- /home/roma/project/node_modules/next/dist/server/next.js
- /home/roma/project/server/server.ts
I understand that I need to run the npm rebuild node-sass command.
- Could problems arise if I need to revert to an older version of node?
- If such problems do arise, will you need to do all the same steps?
At the moment, I have not entered this command yet, since at any time it may be necessary to return to the old version and quickly do some work to fix the problems, so I would like to clarify these two questions.
Thanks for any help and have a nice day.