Why Office Automation Web App in IIS don't works on Windows Server?

Viewed 30

It's about a simple Office (Visio) Automation Web App that convert files from vsdx to svg.

The app works well in IIS on my PC- windows 10 Enterprise. But, don't works well in IIS on my server- Windows Server 2019 Standard.

Of course, I have tried the same code and same IIS configuration on both PC and server, What can be the issue? The app can't open a file inside the Visio and throws an error(with no info) in the following line:

using Visio = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio;
Visio.InvisibleApp visioInvisibleApp = null;
...
Visio.Document doc = visioInvisibleApp.Documents.Open(vsdxSourcePath);

I have tried the following:

  1. Change the Identity of the App Pool
  2. Grant a permission for EVERYONE in the publish folder
  3. Grant permission for EVERYONE in COM Security for Access, Launch and Activation.

What else can I do to cause the app to run on the server like on the computer?

0 Answers
Related