I'm trying to deploy an SFTP server on Fargate (with S3 as storage). Everything works fine except for the IPs.
I want it to have a static IP both inbound and outbound, I've played a bit with load balancers but since it is an SFTP server I'm forced to use a Network Load Balancer, which apparently doesn't forward the client IP to the server (and I want to allow/deny certain IPs from the SFTP server dashboard).
I was trying to associate an Elastic IP to the Fargate network interface but I'm getting "permission denied" on the resource (I'm doing all this with root account).
Does the network interface have a static public IP already? Should I use that? Is there a way to associate an EIP to a Fargate instance which doesn't use HTTP preserving the client IP?
If all of this is a "no", should I just ditch Fargate and use EC2? Other alternatives?