Histogram x-axis showing wrong range

Viewed 134

I'm making a histogram from a column in a csv with values ranging from 100,000 to 10,000,000 and yet when I the data into r and make a histogram from that column the x-axis is all messed up, showing extremely large range when the largest value is 10,000,000.

This is where the dataset is from: https://www.kaggle.com/kmldas/hr-case-study

This is the code I use to make the histogram:

hist(study_sample$Annual.Salary)

SS

1 Answers

You can disable scientific notation in R with:

options(scipen = 999)
hist(HR_Case_Study$`Annual Salary`)

enter image description here

Head of data:

structure(list(Name = c("Aarti Panchal", "Aastha Behl", "Abhinaw Sinha", 
"Abhishek Dabb", "Abhishek Kumar Preetam", "Addi Studdeard"), 
    Gender = c("Female", "Female", "Male", "Male", "Male", "Female"
    ), Department = c("CEO", "Sales", "Engineering", "Legal", 
    "Support", "Support"), `Annual Salary` = c(10000000, 880500, 
    682200, 563700, 1070900, 1084500), Location = c("Mumbai", 
    "Bengaluru", "Bengaluru", "New Delhi", "New Delhi", "Mumbai"
    ), Rating = c("Very Good", "Very Good", "Good", "Very Good", 
    "Poor", "Poor"), `Distance to Office` = c(25, 7, 15, 5, 10, 
    6), Age = c(31, 40, 28, 39, 26, 38), `Tenure in Company` = c(10.4, 
    18.2, 6.6, 13.3, 4.8, 6.7)), row.names = c(NA, -6L), class = c("tbl_df", 
"tbl", "data.frame"))
Related