Lets say I have a data frame created as
id <- c("a","b","c","d","e","f")
a <- c(6,4,3,6,4,9)
b <- c(8,5,2,9,0,1)
df <- cbind.data.frame(id,a,b)
which gives the output as
id x y
1 a 6 8
2 b 4 5
3 c 3 2
4 d 6 9
5 e 4 0
6 f 9 1
This is of course a smaller reproducible version of my actual problem. In my actual scenario I have created a data frame from multiple .xlsx files in the following manner
files <- list.files(path = "Discharge", pattern = "*_SUMQH.xls", full.names = T)
strm_data <- sapply(files, read_xlsx, simplify=FALSE) %>%
bind_rows(.id = "id")
strm_data <- as.data.frame(strm_data[,-(7:19)])
strm_data <- na.omit(strm_data)
row.names(strm_data) <- NULL
What I want is to arrange the data frame in the following manner
id x y id x y id x y id x y id x y id x y
1 a 6 8 b 4 5 c 3 2 d 6 9 e 4 0 f 9 1