I'm using Octave 5.2 and can create a 640 x 480 x 3 image from an array of RGB values using meshgrid and reshape but is there a better way of doing this? (code is below) I tried using cat and imresize with nearest but the array is 640x480 not 640x480x3 and it creates black squares due to the fact the array is not in a 640x480x3 format can this be worked around to get the colored bar image?.
f(:,:,1)=[255;0;0;0;0];
f(:,:,2)=[0;255;0;0;255];
f(:,:,3)=[0;0;255;0;2];
num_of_colors=numel(f(:,:,1));
img_resize_height=640
img_resize_height_tmp=round(img_resize_height/num_of_colors); %create the height wanted
%1) create size of array wanted
[r_im_tmp_x r_im_tmp_y]=meshgrid((f(:,:,1)),1:img_resize_height_tmp)
[g_im_tmp_x g_im_tmp_y]=meshgrid((f(:,:,2)),1:img_resize_height_tmp);
[b_im_tmp_x b_im_tmp_y]=meshgrid((f(:,:,3)),1:img_resize_height_tmp);
%2) reshape grid to evenly space out colors (in one column)
r_resize_tmp=reshape(r_im_tmp_x,[1,numel(r_im_tmp_x)])';
g_resize_tmp=reshape(g_im_tmp_x,[1,numel(g_im_tmp_x)])';
b_resize_tmp=reshape(b_im_tmp_x,[1,numel(b_im_tmp_x)])';
%3 make array size wanted 480
img_resize_len=480;
r_resize_tmp2=repmat(r_resize_tmp,([1,img_resize_len]));
g_resize_tmp2=repmat(g_resize_tmp,([1,img_resize_len]));
b_resize_tmp2=repmat(b_resize_tmp,([1,img_resize_len]));
img_resize_rgb(:,:,1)=r_resize_tmp2;
img_resize_rgb(:,:,2)=g_resize_tmp2;
img_resize_rgb(:,:,3)=b_resize_tmp2;
figure(1);
imshow(img_resize_rgb);
The image it creates is correct there just seems like there may be a simpler / better way to code this.
I tried using imresize command to do the same thing to improve the code. (see code below).
pkg load image
f(:,:,1)=[255;0;0;0;0];
f(:,:,2)=[0;255;0;0;255];
f(:,:,3)=[0;0;255;0;2];
height_wanted=640;
width_wanted=480;
repmat_rgb=cat(2,f,f); %add another column to array to get imresize to work
reshaped_output = imresize(repmat_rgb, [height_wanted, width_wanted],'nearest'); %reshape swatch to large output
imshow(reshaped_output);
The image created is incorrect and black and white (most likely due to the array being 640x480 instead of 640x480x3 (how can I fix this?)

