In our company there are many users and many applications with restricted access and database with evidence of those accessess. I don´t have access to that database, but what I do have is automatically generated (once a day) csv file with all accessess of all my users. I want them to have a chance to check their access situation so i am writing a simple powershell script for this purpose.
CSV:
user;database1_dat;database2_dat;database3_dat
john;0;0;1
peter;1;0;1
I can do:
import-csv foo.csv | where {$_.user -eq $user}
But this will show me original ugly headres (with "_dat" suffix). Can I delete last four characters from every header which ends with "_dat", when i can´t predict how many headers will be there tomorrow?
I am aware of calculated property like:
Select-Object @{ expression={$_.database1_dat}; label='database1' }
but i have to know all column names for that, as far as I know.
Am I convicted to "overingeneer" it by separate function and build whole "calculated property expression" from scratch dynamically or is there a simple way i am missing?
Thanks :-)