I am helping my client for developing website from frontend to backend.
After the website launch, I will help clients to host for 2 years.
After 2 years, I need to handover the whole website to my client, including the frontend and backend. Therefore, I am finding a way to handover better in the future.
For web hosting, I am using Cloudfront.
For server hosting, I am using EC2
And more Aws services are being used.
Currently I am considering to use Aws Organization to create a member account(MemberA).
After creating the MemberA, I will login MemberA to create the Aws service I need.
At this point, my Root account can pay the bill for the services MemberA use.
After 2 years, if I handover the whole project to my client,
What should I do to remove the relationship between my Root account and MemberA, so that I can give the MemberA account to my client and let them pay for their own bill?
Update 1:
are Move or Remove from Organization in below image able to solve my question?
Update 2:
From aws doc,
When a member account leaves an Organization, all charges incurred by the account are charged directly to the standalone account. Even if the account move takes only a minute to process, it's likely that some charges are incurred by the member account. If you need help updating the payment method for the member account, contact AWS Support. Be sure that you have a plan to address these charges incurred by the member account. For example, if you are asked to add a credit card to the member account to cover the charges, plan an internal process to reimburse the linked account for using its own payment method during the migration. When the member account is added to the new Organization, charges are billed to the new payer account.
Is that means I can do the followings steps to transfer account?
1. Ask my client to create Aws account(called ClientAcc etc) if they do not have it
2. Remove the member account(MemberA) from my Root account
3. ClientAcc Send an invite to the MemberA
4. MemberA accept the invite
