Shopify Node Server command don't working

Viewed 2069

I need to develop an app with node/react and embed it into Shopify. I installed Shopify CLI properly. From installed CLI I created a new app. When I type shopify node server command on the terminal, I get this error message.

tar is required for installing ngrok. Please install tar using the appropriate package manager for your system.

Is there any program that is named tar? Or what does tar refers to for this case? How I can overcome this problem. I am in trouble. my operating system is windows 7.

3 Answers

they changed the cmd to shopify app serve

for shopify-cli version: 2.7

try to manually install ngrok in your system and then run command make sure its shopify node serve not shopify node server

On windows, try to use cmd as admin, that works for me c: then you can use the command in any term

Related