I am trying to drop rows based on the empty values in a specific column of excel after joining the data for both excels. I have tried some queries mentioned in stack overflow, but the desire results are not achieved. Kindly support and thanks
First Excel File Named: Fileq.xls Contents are below
| Item | Applied Qty | Reference Qty |
|---|---|---|
| Item A | 0 | |
| Item B | 20 | 18 |
| Item C | 0 | |
| Item D | 1 | |
| Item E | 2 |
First Excel File Named: Data.xls Contents are below
| Item | Applied Qty | Reference Qty |
|---|---|---|
| Item G | 0 | |
| Item H | 12 | 13 |
| Item I | 0 | |
| Item J | 1 | 25 |
| Item K | 2 |
Desired Results:-
| Item | Applied Qty | Reference Qty |
|---|---|---|
| Item B | 20 | 18 |
| Item H | 12 | 13 |
| Item J | 1 | 25 |
Code I am trying:-
import pandas as pd
DATA_DIR = Path.cwd() / r'C:\Python'
excel001 = DATA_DIR / 'Fileq.xls'
excel002 = DATA_DIR / 'Data.xls'
df001 = pd.read_excel(excel001)
df002 = pd.read_excel(excel002)
values001 = df001
values002 = df002
dataframes = [values001, values002]
join = pd.concat(dataframes)
#Tried many different combinations but non are working as below
new_df= join['Reference Qty'].replace(r'^\s*$', np.nan, inplace=True)
print(new_df)