I have put a Laravel 8 application on a AWS t2.nano Linux AMI ec2 instance. I would like to start up front by saying I have been at this for about a day now. I have tried a few configurations.
Here's some configurations I have tried:
The default nginx config file from the Laravel 8 documentation https://laravel.com/docs/8.x/deployment#nginx
Another very similar stackoverflow question referenced here Laravel on nginx says 404 for all routes except index
At the end of the day, I cannot get it to work properly. My index page loads, but any of the other routes end up at a 404 page. You can view the application here. https://technology.dvemedia.com/
So here are some tech specs and the current state of my conf file.
- Laravel - 8
- PHP - 7.4
- NGINX - 1.12.2
# HTTP
server {
listen 80;
listen [::]:80;
server_name technology;
return 301 https://$host$request_uri; # Redirect to www
}
server {
listen 80;
listen [::]:80;
server_name technology.dvemedia.com;
root /var/www/html/technology/public;
index index.php index.html index.htm;
location / {
try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php$is_args$args;
}
location ~ \.php$ {
try_files $uri /index.php =404;
fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock;
fastcgi_index index.php;
fastcgi_buffers 16 16k;
fastcgi_buffer_size 32k;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
#fixes timeouts
fastcgi_read_timeout 600;
include fastcgi_params;
}
location ~ /\.ht {
deny all;
}
}
What am I missing or doing wrong, because I cannot get it to route to save my life.