Upgrade an elasticbeanstalk platform from 3.6 to 3.7 Linux 2

Viewed 343

I have an existing AWS elastic beanstalk flask application that deploys from circleci. The application is a python app, and has been running fine under AWS EB platform, "64bit Amazon Linux 2018.03 v2.9.10 running Python 3.6". This platform is deprecated.

I want to update this platform from the command line. My (possibly errant) thinking is that I should be able to do this by modifying the local .elasticbeanstalk/config.yml, which was created via eb init and is how I deploy the app (via eb deploy. My attempt at modifying the config.yml file looks like this:

branch-defaults:
  master:
    environment: env-name

global:
  application_name: app-name
  default_ec2_keyname: keyname
  default_platform: Python 3.7 running on 64bit Amazon Linux 2
  default_region: us-east-2
  profile: eb-cli
  repository: null
  sc: null

But this does not change the existing environment. Might be because i set the global.default_platform to something new and ... of course, this is NOT a new env, but one that I want to update. Is there a way to set the platform that must be used for this EB app? Do I need to delete the original env to do the update? Is there any reference guide for this file (I could not find one)? Thx for any pointers!

0 Answers
Related