Slack interactive buttons not working getiing error: missing_subtype

Viewed 822

I am trying to build interactive slack messages, but nothing happens when I click on the button in slack channel.

I used slack-api-client (java) to build the interactive message. Message is being correctly posted to the channel but clicking on the button does not post the payload to the request_url configured. I see a triangle with mark of exclamation saying This app returned an error. Please try again or contact the app's developer. When I tried to check the network calls, I saw this error:

error_json: {"subtype":"missing_subtype","message":"hashed timestamp blocks.actions not ok: dispatch_failed"}

I am not sure what is missing here. I have configured my app and the request url ending with /slack/events is added at interactivity and shortcut section. The request url is public url and an be accessed directly. I am not sure why slack is not able to post the payload on click of the buttons.

2 Answers

I have run into the same issue, an have done some experiments.

It seems to be caused by the complexity of the message: If the message has too many blocks or the blocks are too complex it will send a wrong message timestamp to the slack server, which seems to cause this mysterious 403 error.

I reduced the number of blocks in the message and it works fine now.

Related