I'm using anchored tabs on a document, and the signature piece works great. I saw on another post adding an initial tab is as simple as trading out "signhere" for "initialhere". Cool.
My first question: the easiest solution for me would be to add both signhere and initialhere for every recipient. It's my understanding that doing so wouldn't break anything: if the tab isn't on the document, then the role is simply ignored. Is that so?
My second question: do I create a new recipient (same person) for each role, or assign more than one role to the recipient? The downloaded sample code doesn't do anything with initials that I can find.
The code as it exists now, using the PHP SDK:
$sign_here = new \DocuSign\eSign\Model\SignHere(['anchor_string' => '{sig:1}']);
$signer_tabs = new \DocuSign\eSign\Model\Tabs(['sign_here_tabs' => [$sign_here]]);
$signer_props = [
'email' => $args['email'],
'name' => $args['name'],
'recipient_id' => count($this->arrSigners) + 1,
'role_name' => $args['role'],
'tabs' => $signer_tabs
];
# Create the signer recipient model
$this->arrSigners[] = new Signer($signer_props);