I have created a Kubernetes cluster on 2 Rasberry Pis (Model 3 and 3B+) to use as a Kubernetes playground.
I have deployed a postgresql and an spring boot app (called meal-planer) to play around with. The meal-planer should read and write data from and to the postgresql.
However, the app can't reach the Database.
Here is the deployment-descriptor of the postgresql:
kind: Service
apiVersion: v1
metadata:
name: postgres
namespace: home
labels:
app: postgres
spec:
selector:
app: postgres
ports:
- port: 5432
targetPort: 5432
name: postgres
---
kind: Deployment
apiVersion: apps/v1
metadata:
name: postgres
namespace: home
spec:
replicas: 1
selector:
matchLabels:
app: postgres
template:
metadata:
labels:
app: postgres
spec:
containers:
- name: postgres
image: postgres:13.2
imagePullPolicy: IfNotPresent
env:
- name: POSTGRES_USER
valueFrom:
secretKeyRef:
name: dev-db-secret
key: username
- name: POSTGRES_PASSWORD
valueFrom:
secretKeyRef:
name: dev-db-secret
key: password
- name: POSTGRES_DB
value: home
ports:
- containerPort: 5432
volumeMounts:
- mountPath: /var/lib/postgresql/data
name: postgres-data
volumes:
- name: postgres-data
persistentVolumeClaim:
claimName: postgres-pv-claim
---
Here is the deployments-descriptor of the meal-planer
kind: Service
apiVersion: v1
metadata:
name: meal-planner
namespace: home
labels:
app: meal-planner
spec:
type: ClusterIP
selector:
app: meal-planner
ports:
- port: 8080
name: meal-planner
---
kind: Deployment
apiVersion: apps/v1
metadata:
name: meal-planner
namespace: home
spec:
replicas: 1
selector:
matchLabels:
app: meal-planner
template:
metadata:
labels:
app: meal-planner
spec:
containers:
- name: meal-planner
image: 08021986/meal-planner:v1
imagePullPolicy: Always
ports:
- containerPort: 8080
---
The meal-planer image is an arm32v7 image running a jar file.
Inside the cluster, the meal-planer uses the connection-string jdbc:postgresql://postgres:5432/home to connect to the DB.
I am absolutely sure, that the DB-credentials are correct, since i can access the DB when i port-forward the service.
When deploying both applications, I can kubectl exec -it <<podname>> -n home -- bin/sh into it. If I call wget -O- postgres or wget -O- postgres.home from there, I always get Connecting to postgres (postgres)|10.43.62.32|:80... failed: Network is unreachable.
I don't know, why the network is unreachable and I don't know what I can do about it.