I'm working on a program in Godot using Gdscript, and I ran into a problem when trying to use the Transform.translated(Vector3) function. My code is supposed to move a bone to (0,0,0) by translating it by its current coordinates but with negative sign. Example: (1,2,3) would be translated by (-1,-2,-3) so it would end up at (0,0,0). For some reason when I do this, the end position of the bone is not (0,0,0), but some other coordinate. In the Godot documents, it says the .translated function is "relative to the transform's basis vectors", so maybe that's why? Also if there is a better way to change a bones position than using the Transform.translated(Vector3) function that would be helpful too. Thanks!
My Code:
bonePose = skel.get_bone_global_pose(bone)
var globalBonePose = skel.to_global(bonePose.origin)
translateVector = -globalBonePose
var newPose = bonePose.translated(translateVector)
skel.set_bone_pose(bone, newPose)
Code Output / Results:
bonePose (the original position of the bone) is around (-0.82,0.49,0.50)
translateVector (the amount the bone will be translated) is around (0.82,-0.49,-0.50)
newPose (the final position of the bone -- should be [0,0,0]) is around (0.82,-0.66,-0.46). Even when I call skel.to_global(newPose.origin) to see the global coordinates, it's (-0.76,0.44,0.42), which is not (0,0,0)