I am trying to create a more attractive menu for ArgParse mainly just consistent formatting when the help menu is displayed. I understand how to use various attributes to make something required or not, but am not sure how to format the text so that they are consistent.
My current code that is relevant is shown below
import argparse
parser = argparse.ArgumentParser(prog='myprogram', description='Select which files to parser and where to save them.')
parser.add_argument('-f', metavar='--file', type=str, help='select a single file to process', required=False)
parser.add_argument('-d', metavar='--dir', type=str, help='filepath directory', required=False)
args = parser.parse_args()
The output of this code is when running the command filename.py -h is

What I would like to do is simply add a comma between -f and --file as well as any additional commands. I understand this is fairly small detail, but what can I say I like to format things consistently.
I am running Python v3.8.2 on my machine and Argparse v1.4.0