I have the following issue:
I use salt stack to manage my minions, which are running in different datacenters. But the package repositories are not consistent: Not all have the latest versions of salt. With Salt stack I can of course work around that, so I added to the top.sls:
'not G@saltversion:3003.1':
- fixes.saltversion
But I don't like that up there. I've tried several variants, but couldn't manage to select minions which have a specific grain less than a specific version. Like in this case: To select all minions which have an older version than 3003.1 to apply a state on them, that gets the package directly from a different repo.
How do I select "less than" of a Grain?
I've googled around already and didn't find anything matching my case. The Docs are also not helpful for my case. I've read about custom matcher: But do I really need to implement a custom matcher for that?
Thanks in advance for your help everyone