I have a question about refresh access tokens.
I am using IdentityServer 4.1.2 with the following configuration:
new Client
{
ClientId = "myid",
AllowedGrantTypes = GrantTypes.Code,
RequireClientSecret = false,
AccessTokenLifetime = 3600,
RequirePkce = true,
AllowOfflineAccess = true,
...
}
As you can see I am not using the deprecated Implicit flow, but the grant type is set to Code
My SPA client is using oidc-client version 1.11.5 and is configured like this:
var config = {
...
redirect_uri: `https://myspaurl/callback`,
response_type: 'code',
scope: 'openid profile offline_access',
automaticSilentRenew: true,
silent_redirect_uri: `https://myspaurl/static/silent-renew.html`,
...
};
Note that I am asking for the offline_access scope, so I can get a refresh token.
When I run the application, the access token is being updated just fine every hour. In the Network tab in Chrome developer tool, I can see that the access token is being updated using this request url https://myidentityserver/connect/token. My silent_redirect_uri https://myspaurl/static/silent-renew.html is never requested. So my question is if the silent_redirect_uri is obsolete when using grant type Code instead of the old Implicit flow?