So I'm migrating some Spring Boot microservices from Kubernetes to OpenShift. Below is the simplified situation:
Service 1: Spring Boot application that handles, exposes 2 endpoints (login and authenticate). The authenticate service accepts the Authorization header containing a JWT token and validates that token. It returns 400 if the token doesn't exist and 403 is the user isn't authorized or the token is invalid and 200 if everything is valid.
Service 2: Spring Boot for some business service, exposes many endpoints and contains the annotation below in the Kubernetes Ingress so that all traffic is routed to the Service 1 for authentication before actually reaching Service 2
nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/auth-url: "http://service1/authenticate?url=$request_uri&method=$request_method"
The problem is that when I migrated to OpenShift, all applications are working fine but the annotation that should route traffic to Service 1 doesn't seem to be working, since the authenticate service is never called.
I have searched the OpenShift documentation for days with no success, so any help would be much appreciated.