I am using following JSON file:
sample.json:
{
"lldp_output['gathered']": [
{
"mode": "trunk",
"name": "GigabitEthernet0/0",
"trunk": {
"encapsulation": "dot1q"
}
},
{
"access": {
"vlan": 12
},
"mode": "access",
"name": "GigabitEthernet0/1"
},
{
"name": "GigabitEthernet0/2"
}
]
}
And the playbook:
---
- hosts: localhost
gather_facts: no
vars:
tmpdata: "{{ lookup('file','sample.json') | from_json }}"
tasks:
- name: Take 4
debug:
msg: "{{ tmpdata | community.general.json_query(lldp_output['gathered']) }}"
I get the following error:
TASK [Take 4] ********************************************************************************************
task path: /root/scripts/atest.yml:18
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {
"msg": "Error in jmespath.search in json_query filter plugin:\n'lldp_output' is undefined"
}
How do I query the JSON shown so I get a list of all ports that have mode: trunk
When I run in a playbook:
---
- name: Find trunk ports
hosts: ios
tasks:
- name: Collect interface output
cisco.ios.ios_l2_interfaces:
config:
state: gathered
register:
"intf_output"
- debug:
var=intf_output
- name: Take 4
debug:
msg: "{{ intf_output | json_query(query) }}"
vars:
query: >-
"lldp_output['gathered']"[?mode=='trunk']
The structure returned is like following:
{
"intf_output": {
"ansible_facts": {
"discovered_interpreter_python": "/usr/bin/python3"
},
"changed": false,
"failed": false,
"gathered": [
{
"name": "GigabitEthernet0/0"
},
{
"mode": "trunk",
"name": "GigabitEthernet0/1",
"trunk": {
"allowed_vlans": [
"10",
"20",
"30",
"100"
],
"encapsulation": "dot1q"
}
},
{
"mode": "trunk",
"name": "GigabitEthernet0/2",
"trunk": {
"allowed_vlans": [
"10",
"20",
"30",
"100"
],
"encapsulation": "dot1q"
}
},
{
"mode": "trunk",
"name": "GigabitEthernet0/3",
"trunk": {
"allowed_vlans": [
"10",
"20",
"30",
"100"
],
"encapsulation": "dot1q"
}
},
{
"mode": "trunk",
"name": "GigabitEthernet1/0",
"trunk": {
"allowed_vlans": [
"10",
"20",
"30",
"100"
],
"encapsulation": "dot1q"
}
},
{
"mode": "trunk",
"name": "GigabitEthernet1/1",
"trunk": {
"allowed_vlans": [
"10",
"20",
"30",
"100"
],
"encapsulation": "dot1q"
}
},
{
"name": "GigabitEthernet1/2"
},
{
"name": "GigabitEthernet1/3"
},
{
"name": "GigabitEthernet2/0"
},
{
"name": "GigabitEthernet2/1"
},
{
"name": "GigabitEthernet2/2"
},
{
"name": "GigabitEthernet2/3"
},
{
"name": "GigabitEthernet3/0"
},
{
"name": "GigabitEthernet3/1"
},
{
"name": "GigabitEthernet3/2"
},
{
"name": "GigabitEthernet3/3"
}
]
}
}
For each host I run against the playbook against.