I have data like the following, where the 1st column is the x coord interval and y is the value.
0 1
4 2
6 1
10 0
For example, [0, 4) has the value of 1, [4, 6) has the value of 2, [6, 10) has the value of 1. Beyond 10 is zero, so nothing needs to be plotted.
ggplot2 can plot histogram with data that has not been compressed like this. But I don't know whether it is the right tool for a compressed data like this.
Could anybody let me know the best way to plot data like this in R and python?
EDIT: I am not sure gnuplot is the appropriate for this or not. But plot this kind of distribution data in text format is also needed. I see that gnuplot can plot figures in text format, if it is appropriate to use for this purpose, a solution in gnuplot is also welcome.

