I created a popover which is called on mouseover via addEventDelegate.
The popover has a text element with binding to my Model.
The fragment:
<Popover xmlns="sap.m"
id="myCardPopover"
showHeader="false"
contentWidth="260px"
placement="Bottom">
<Text id="myCardPopoverText" text="{propertyModel>Tooltip}" />
</Popover>
Register the browser events:
attachCardPopoverOnMouseover: function () {
var rootHBox = this.byId("myReportCardContent");
rootHBox.addEventDelegate({
onmouseover: function () {
this.timeId = setTimeout(() => that.onOpenCardPopover(this), 600);
},
onmouseout: function () {
clearTimeout(this.timeId) || that.onCloseCardPopover(this);
}
}, rootHBox);
},
The event listener:
onOpenCardPopover: function (oControl) {
this.oCardTooltipPopover.then(function (oPopover) {
var oContext = oControl.getBindingContext("propertyModel");
oPopover.setBindingContext(oContext);
oPopover.openBy(oControl);
});
},
The Popover itself is a dependent of multiple controls created from an aggregation binding and is created in onAfterRendering.
// Fragment required from "sap/ui/core/Fragment"
createCardPopover: function () {
var oView = this.getView();
var oRootHBox = this.byId("myReportCardContent");
if (!this.oCardTooltipPopover) {
this.oCardTooltipPopover = Fragment.load({
id: oView.getId(),
name: "namespace.view.CardPopup"
}).then(function (oPopover) {
oRootHBox.addDependent(oPopover);
return oPopover;
});
}
},
When I hover over one of my controls, I only get an empty popover. The bound text isn't shown.
However, when I lookup the created popover in the UI5 debug tools, the binding seems correct and also the text is shown up there.
The text's <span> element in the DOM is also empty.